Chikungunya virus infection- Hello friends, today we will tell you what is Chikungunya, what are the symptoms of Chikungunya, and what are the ways to avoid Chikungunya? Hope you enjoy this information.
Chikungunya is a disease that was first spread in the African country of Tanzania. But this disease has spread like an epidemic in the whole country.
- About Human Heart- Full Information about Heart
- Dabur Shilajit Gold Capsule Price, Uses, Benifits and Side effects?
What is Chikungunya Virus Infection?
Chikungunya virus is one of the billion viruses that is included in the alpha virus family. It is transmitted through the bite of the Aedes mosquito. This virus causes disease with symptoms similar to dengue disease. The word Chikungunya is derived from the Afrikaans language, it means one who bows down. Due to more pain in the joints, the patients suffering from this walk by bending.
Symptoms of this disease start appearing after 2 to 4 days after the entry of Chikungunya Virus in the human body. The symptoms of this disease are fever up to 39 °C (102.2 °F). Red rash forms on the body, then on the hands and feet. There is unbearable pain in all the joints of the body. Even after the recovery of the disease, complaints of pain in the body persist for about 1 month.
Chikungunya Virus Infection Symptoms
Chikungunya Virus Infection Symptoms
- high fever with cold
- having a headache
- muscle pain
- severe joint pain
- loss of appetite
- Joint swelling and deformity
- There is no weakness in the body, dryness of the skin
- light tolerance
- Red rash on hands, feet and body
- nose bleeding gums in some people
Diagnosis of Chikungunya Virus Infection
For the diagnosis of Chikungunya the following tests are done-
1) White blood cell and platelets count test in Sudhir:
In this type of blood test, there is a possibility of chikungunya if there is a decrease in the number of white blood cells and platelets.
2) Detection of Chikungunya gene or RT-PCR test:
In this type of blood test, the genes of Chikungunya are checked.
3) Isolation and testing of Chikungunya virus:
This test is done to isolate and test the chikungunya virus from the blood in the early days of infection.
4) Chikungunya Antibody Test or ELISA Test:
In this type of blood test, the presence or absence of defense against chikungunya is checked, in this test the person or patient is tested for dengue or chikungunya.
Treatment of Chikungunya
1) Doctors give symptomatic treatment for the treatment of Chikungunya.
2) Doctors recommend to give painkillers for joint and other types of pain.
3) Paracetamol medicine is given to reduce fever when fever comes.
4) The patient suffering from Chikungunya should take more rest and drink sufficient amount of fluid food and drink.
5) Patients can generally recover at home with rest but should be hospitalized if symptoms worsen.
6) If the symptoms of Chikungunya are visible, medicine should not be taken from the medical store, instead a doctor’s advice should be taken.
7) There is no specific medicine or vaccine yet to destroy the Chikungunya virus inside the body.
Preventing measures from chikungunya Virus Infection
- Do not allow water to accumulate in and around the house unnecessarily. Do not allow water to stagnate in any vessel.
- Keep the pot empty or put it upside down.
- If water has to be stored in a vessel, drum or bucket, keep it covered and drink as much lukewarm water as possible so that the immune power remains strong.
- If water is always stored in a vessel, then first it should be washed thoroughly with soap and water so that mosquito eggs can be removed.
- Spray insecticide at home. Always keep cleanliness around the house.
- When the cooler is not in use, drain the water stored in it and keep it dry. Keep changing the cooler water regularly after use, otherwise put some petrol in the water once a week.
- Do not allow water to stagnate in any open place like pits, pots or garbage, if water is accumulated, then put soil in it.
- Keep it in the window and door. Close the door before dusk.
- Wear clothes that can cover the whole body. Do not consume open food or water outside.
- Sleep with mosquito net while sleeping at night.
- Use other anti-mosquito devices like electric mosquito bat, repellent cream, sprays etc.
Which mosquito causes Chikungunya?
Chikungunya is caused by the bite of Aedes mosquito
What are the symptoms of Chikungunya Virus Infection?
Joint pain is the main symptom of Chikungunya, apart from this, high fever, headache, weakness in the body, loss of appetite, nausea are also symptoms of Chikungunya.
What to eat in Chikungunya?
Vitamin C and E should be taken in abundance in Chikungunya and green leafy vegetables, fruits and fluids should be consumed more.
How long does Chikungunya last?
This fever usually lasts from 2 days to 2 weeks, but sometimes the patient can remain ill for more than 6 months. Chikungunya viruse infection make the body weak.